“Never too old to chase your dreams.” says Diana Nyad. She proved it this week, becoming the first person to complete a Cuba-to-Florida swim without a shark cage! What an inspiration at the age of 64 or any age for that matter!
The 50’s and 60’s traditionally signal the need to be thinking about retirement… but wait a minute, not so fast! I know plenty of lawyers and entrepreneurs that are just like Nyad, looking to chase dreams, not retire! How do you want to spend the next 10 or 20 years? If you are like many lawyers I know, you may want to keep practicing law… on your terms. If you manage the process well, you can! Here are a few things to think about…
- Are you mentoring younger lawyers to be able to take over your book of business?
- What kind of clients do you want to work for?
- What kind of cases do you want to be able to work on?
- How much time would you like to spend?
- What has to be in place for for you to have the flexibility to do things on your terms?
OR… maybe you want to create a new future that doesn’t include practicing law. Whatever it is… the sooner you think about it, and begin planning, the better.
Shoot me an email if you’d like some help with this process!